Introducing design sprints
1.Cross-functional: business meets design, development and end-users
2.Minimum Viable Products (functional, directed at a concrete customer objectives)
3.Tested on real users
4.In a high energy, high velocity environment
What are we trying to solve?
- Today little customer insight is used to make the initial designs.
- Design is often done by a very small group of likeminded people (lack of divergent thinking)
- Today’s designs meet the intended users in a late stage (in UAT at best)
- Simple, user tested, solutions
- Quick turn-around between ideation and testable prototype
- Less risk of designer-bias (misunderstanding the end-user’s needs or capabilities)
- Closer collaboration and buy-in from different stakeholders